Saturday 13 August 2016

The Importance of Audio: GarageBand 101

Learning the Basics


Today for Digital Immersion we were lucky enough to have Point England teacher and GarageBand guru Rob Wiseman join us to take us through GarageBand.  We went through all the basics of GarageBand like cutting and editing audio recordings, GarageBand shortcuts and creating our own music.  I wrote some notes of the tidbits I found useful, which you can find here.


Creating in GarageBand


Our challenge was to create some music to use with a video we had captured during the week.  I chose to use a video I took of the Zirka Circus performers that came to GIS on Monday.  The quality of the video is a little poor and the music is a little odd, but I felt it matched with the performers actions and their costumes.  I might refine it a little more by using iMovie to cut and match the song to the movements of the performers, but for now this will do!



My takeaways from my experience with Garageband





2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to capture this as an infographic Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy! I felt that adding another paragraph would be a bit boring and wanted to put my new skills to use :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think!